Application Process - Initial Certification at the Advanced Level
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Complete the Online Application - free to file! The $30 application fee will not be charged until your first term of enrollment
- Once you have applied or inquired about our program, a member of the enrollment team will contact you to assist with the admission process. For immediate assistance you can contact us at 402.467.9000 or toll-free 844.321.6642 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about the Initial Certification at the Advanced Level Program- program design, coursework, timeline, etc. - please contact Deb Stuto, Director at email@example.com.
- Initial meeting and approval from Program Director.
- Provide two official transcripts from the undergraduate institution where you earned your bachelor degree and any graduate institution you attended (see contact information below for mailing or parchment address).
- Request three letters of recommendation from colleagues, administrators, or other professionals who can assess your ability to succeed in a graduate level program.
- A writing sample (about 280 words) indicating reasons for interest in completing a teaching endorsement.
- Content Testing - take the Praxis I CORE (Core Academic Skills for Educators) test with passing scores (Reading, Math & Writing). Doane University must receive the scores prior to beginning coursework.
- The applicant must affirm that he/she has not been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving abuse, neglect, or sexual misconduct. Please complete the following: Disclosure form.
- The State of Nebraska teacher certification background check is required before beginning coursework (will be provided during new student orientation). Doane University will request and process the background check.
SUBMIT ALL MATERIALS TO:
Doane University Enrollment Team
Graduate Studies in Education
303 N. 52nd Street
Lincoln, NE 68504
Tuition Stipends Available Through the NSF Noyce STEM Grant
STEM applicants are encouraged to apply for Project SERVE, an NSF-funded program that provides a tuition stipend and additional support for STEM graduate students seeking a secondary teaching certificate