Campus Climate Surveys
Doane is committed to an open and honest dialogue about the things that affect college students nationwide, and specifically the issues we face at Doane University.
Annually since 2015, the University has conducted a Campus Climate Survey based on best practices to confront the issues surrounding sexual violence on college campuses. Among the issues covered in the survey and those facing college communities across the nation are gender and relationship violence, which includes sexual assault. In accordance with our mission and core values of building a better community, we want to share the results of our survey with all members of the Crete campus.
In light of the campus climate survey results and the national conversation regarding gender and relationship violence on college campuses, Doane’s Title IX Advisory Board has recommended the following actions as first-steps in proactively addressing the information received from our 2016-2017 survey data:
- Project Coordinator for our Department of Justice grant will oversee development of campus-wide, high-frequency prevention and education efforts for students, faculty, and staff.
- Support campus wide integration and communication of policy, procedures and resources related to sexual violence in orientations, classrooms and offices.
- Adopt bystander intervention training and multiple campaigns targeting interpersonal violence.
- Research, evaluation and campus discussion regarding an affirmative consent program.
- Research, evaluation and campus discussion regarding barriers to reporting.
- Development of programming that engages men on campus and creates an environment that breaks through barriers for male reporting.
- Who can I report to?: (http://www.doane.edu/student-services/title-ix)
- Reporting anonymously: (http://www.doane.edu/anonymous-sexual-violence-report-form)
- Resources and Support Services: (http://www.doane.edu/student-services/title-ix)
- Additional Information on Title IX: (http://www.doane.edu/student-services/title-ix)
Title IX Advisory Board Members:
- Laura Sears – Chair, email@example.com or TitleIX@doane.edu
- Heather Lambert – Faculty Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Hughes - GPS Representative, email@example.com
- Nathaniel Wilson – Faculty Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Russ Hewitt – Safety Office Representative, email@example.com
- Megan Failor – Residence Life Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dennis Amoateng - Residence Life Representative, email@example.com
- Gwen Egbert – Athletics Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Olk – Greek Representative, email@example.com
- Rachel Lukowitz – Student Representative
- Erin Nielsen– Student Representative
- Kaleb Arterburn– Student Representative
- Sally Tyma - Crete Police Department, firstname.lastname@example.org