Fall Festival of Winds 2017 - Information for Students
A PDF of the Saturday, October 28, schedule can be found here: 2017 FFW Schedule
- All participating students must be in 10th, 11th, or 12th grades.
- All students wishing to participate must apply between Tuesday, September 12 and Monday, September 25.
- All students must fill out the application, this includes students auditioning for the Honor Band.
- Honor Band auditions must be uploaded by Monday, October 2. More information can be found on the Honor Band audition page.
- The FFW is held on the Crete Campus of Doane University.
FEES AND EXPENSES
Total cost for each student participant is $15. This covers auditions, lunch, honoraria, duplicating, and mailing costs. I thank you for your interest and willingness to participate in this wonderful Concert Band festival.
THE 2017 FALL FESTIVAL OF WINDS
The Doane University Fall Festival of Winds is a one-day honor band event that has three ensembles. The Honor Band is an auditioned ensemble that requires you to upload an audio audition, there will be no video auditions this year. The Merrill and Tiger Bands will be equal bands selected by nomination.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTCIPATE, FILL OUT THE FFW STUDENT APPLICATION FORM. Every participating student must fill this form as it serves as the central student information document for the Festival.
HONOR BAND AUDITION PROCEDURES
Further information about the Honor Band is available on the Honor Band Audition page.
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
Filling out the Doane University FFW Student Application Form by Monday, September 25, 2017.
For questions regarding the application process or audition guidelines, please contact Acting Festival Director Terry Rush at email@example.com
Terry Rush reserves the right to place a few high-quality players into the Honor Band who have expressed a strong interest in attending Doane and have applied and been accepted to the College. In sections where there are not enough students trying out Terry Rush may invite additional students who have not applied from participating schools to fill out the section.