Master of Education in School Counseling
The Master of Education in School Counseling is designed for licensed teachers who are seeking to become highly competent school counselors. Teachers will be prepared to work with diverse populations in elementary, secondary and high schools. The academic preparation follows guidelines established by the state and certification boards.
As a graduate, you will:
- become skilled in the delivery of services within schools
- be knowledgeable about current trends in school counseling programs
- demonstrate the ability to establish and implement interventions that meet children’s and adolescent’s needs
- demonstrate the ability to collaborate with other school personnel, families and community services
- be able to conduct assessments of cognitive, behavioral, and academic needs of children and youth
About The Program
- Open to licensed teachers who have taught for two years OR take 12 hours of coursework in teacher education and complete an approved Special Education and Human Relations course, as designated by the Nebraska Department of Education.
- Consists of 48 credit hours of coursework; 150 hours of school-based practicum experiences; and 450 internship hours as designated by the Nebraska Department of Education.