Initial Certification at the Advanced Level
This program prepares candidates to teach in grades 7-12 in an area in which Doane endorses individuals. These areas include:
- Social Science
- Language Arts
- World Languages
- Physical Education
Through a series of coursework, practicum, and internship experiences, candidates may complete the program in four terms (Summer I, Fall, Spring, Summer II).
CONTENT TESTING: Candidates applying for any initial endorsement(s) to be placed on a Nebraska certificate must provide evidence they have passed the required Praxis II test for the endorsement.
REQUIREMENTS - Students seeking initial certification through this program should complete the following items:
- A completed application for admission and the $30 application fee.
- Two official transcripts showing the undergraduate degree posted and an overall 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Three letters of recommendations.
- A writing example (about 280 words) indicating reasons for interest in completing a teaching endorsement.
- Take the Praxis I CORE (Core Academic Skills for Educators) test with passing scores (Reading, Math & Writing). **Doane University must receive the scores prior to beginning coursework.
- The State of Nebraska teacher certification background check is required before beginning coursework. Doane University will request and process the background check.
- The applicant must affirm that he/she has not been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving abuse, neglect, or sexual misconduct.