The Graduate Studies Office and the Admission Committee of the Master of Arts in Counseling program welcome your application for graduate study at Doane University. In order to be considered for the program, you must complete the application process listed below. Once all application materials have been received, the Student Screening and Progress Review Committee will review your application. Your application will be processed as quickly as possible. We look forward to welcoming you to Doane University.
- As an applicant for the Master of Arts in Counseling program, you must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Compile the following:
- Completed application and a $125 nonrefundable application fee.
- An autobiographical statement, 3-4 typed pages, describing life experiences that have helped shape you personally.
- Typed 2-3 page essay describing your future goals and how you perceive the Master of Arts in Counseling program helping you achieve these goals. As you describe your future goals and your expectations of the Master of Arts in Counseling program, include a discussion of the knowledge and skill areas and the personal characteristics that you are seeking to develop. Please note: This statement is an important part of your application.
- An official transcript from each graduate and undergraduate institution attended. Transcripts must be sent directly from the graduating institution to the Doane University Office of Graduate Studies.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic sources or supervisory personnel with whom you have worked, official Recommendation Forms included.
- An updated resume.
- Complete a background check through One Source.
- Submit all materials listed above to: Doane University Office of Graduate Studies
- Attend the Admission Workshop. Applicants will be contacted by the Master of Arts in Counseling Program to complete the on-site admission workshop. The workshop will take 2 - 3 hours to complete on campus.
School of Graduate and Professional Studies
Master of Arts in Counseling Program
303 No. 52nd St.
Lincoln, NE 68504