One Day. One Doane. Volunteer Toolkit
Step 1: Become an Advocate for One Day. One Doane.
Thank you for helping Doane University toward reaching our goal during the first-ever "One Day. One Doane." giving campaign! To increase your impact on this day, please encourage your friends, family, and fellow classmates to join you in making a gift. Spreading the word is easy, fun and rewarding because you will know exactly how many clicks, gifts, and dollars your outreach is driving!
To become an advocate and take advantage of these tools, follow these four simple steps:
- Go to givecampus.com and click on ‘Sign Up’ in the top right of the page.
- Create an account either by linking to your Facebook account or your email.
- Go to the campaign page and if you click on the advocate tab, you will find a link that is now customized for you. If you want to share over Facebook or Twitter, click those buttons and your support will automatically be tracked on the ‘advocates’ tab just below the video.
- In addition to sharing, you will also be recognized as an advocate for doing things to make sharing more fun like creating a matching gift or challenge and creating a personal plea video.
How to Create a Matching Gift or Challenge
Inspire your friends and classmates to give by creating a matching gift or challenge. You can create a match or challenge by going to the One Day. One Doane. campaign and clicking on the appropriate button on the left side of the screen, below the video. Step by step instructions below:
Matches and challenges are similar; the key difference is that challenges are milestone-based (e.g. if 100 people make a donation, I will give $250) and matches are made on a per donor basis (e.g. I will match up to $500 on a dollar-for-dollar basis for the next $500 that is donated).
- Enter how much you’d like to match up to (e.g. up to $150).
- Select if you want the match to be 1:1 match or if you click ‘other’, you can choose to donate $2 (or another amount) for $1 donated or if you’d like to make a ‘per donor’ match and donate $20 for every donor who makes a gift.
- Select when the match should end (e.g. until campaign end or over a certain period of days).
- Most matches are not restricted, but you can choose if you would like to restrict your match to only apply to fellow members of your class or to a list of friends.
- Enter your payment information.
- After you’ve created your match, encourage your friends and classmates to join you in supporting Doane University!
- Track your match’s progress by visiting the campaign page. Note: your match will be displayed on the Advocates tab as donors respond to your match.
- Enter how much you’d like to give.
- Choose the milestone (e.g. donors or dollars).
- Enter your payment information.
- After you’ve created your challenge, encourage your friends and classmates to join you in supporting Doane University.
- Track your challenge’s progress by visiting the campaign page. Note: recognition for your challenge will not display on the Advocates tab until your challenge is successful.
Step 2: Help us spread the word on Social Media.
Encourage others to donate to Doane's One Day. One Doane. campaign by liking, sharing, and commenting on posts by the @DoaneAlumni Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages. You can also go above and beyond and create your own posts about why you give to Doane.
- When posting on your social media accounts use the hashtag #OneDayOneDoane
- Update your profile pictures to the One Day. One Doane. logo provided to you below.
Thank you for all of your hard work in helping to make One Day. One Doane. a success!
Have questions? Please email Julie Rasgorshek at email@example.com.