Units for Sale
Doane Village, a 10-unit independent living housing complex first occupied in 1986, is available to alumni and friends of Doane who are 55 years of age or older.
It is located on a paved street adjacent to the Crete country club and offers a spacious view of the wooded areas of Doane University.
There are both one- and two-bedroom units available which include:
- living room
- laundry room
- high-speed Internet connection
- attached garage
Each resident also has use of the nicely decorated common area, which consists of:
- living room
- large dining area with kitchenette
Unique amenities that Doane Village offers are:
- free access for residents to all activities such as plays, recitals, athletic events.
- use of the college library
- use of the Haddix recreation center
- participation in academic class work, tuition free (dependent upon available space)
- access to the Doane University help desk, available to answer computer related questions
- Doane facilities staff provide care and maintenance of the property
All units are non smoking with no pets allowed.
Fees and Costs
An additional monthly maintenance fee is collected by the University to cover common area charges and taxes.
Residents are responsible for their own telephone and electric bills.
One Bedroom Unit:
Monthly maintenance fees are approximately $400 per month plus taxes for a one-bedroom unit. (Taxes are assessed to the individual unit holder, but will be collected and paid by the University)
Two Bedroom Unit:
Monthly maintenance fees are approximately $400 per month plus taxes for two bedroom-unit. (Taxes are assessed to the individual unit holder, but will be collected and paid by the University)
Units are offered for resale by Doane University, which also serves as the property manager.
Residents, or their estates, retain 70% of the resale value upon vacating the property subject to stipulations of the agreement executed with the college.
For more information please contact:
1014 Boswell Ave.
Crete, NE 68333