Students are recommended for certification when the College of Education requirements are met.
- GPA requirements:
- Cumulative GPA in all courses of 3.00
- Cumlative GPA in education courses of 3.00
- Cumlative GPA in major courses of 2.80
- Satisfactory Recommendations from:
- Cooperating teachers of student teaching
- Supervisors of student teaching
- Successful completion of student teaching experience
- Completion of the 12 graduate credits in the summer following graduation successfully
- To receive licensure from the Nebraska State Department of Education students must take and pass the required content(s) for one's endorsement area.
- Completion of the Doane Teacher Education Program is not a guarantee of obtaining certification to teach in any state. The state granting certification makes the final determination on awarding a teaching certificate to an applicant.
Admission and Appeals
The student has the right of an appeal to any of the decisions and can request a personal review to seek changes of the decisions.
The procedure is as follows:
- The student meets for a personal interview with the Dean of College of Education.
- A date is set for the Teacher Education Committee to meet as a whole for reconsideration.
- The student has a personal appearance before the Committee, with another faculty member as consul if desired, for the purpose of presenting additonal data and answering questions prior to Committee vote.