The Division of Student Affairs staff believe that the educational experience should be seamless, with activities in and out of the classroom supporting each other to most effectively facilitate student growth and development. Our goal is for our students to be empowered, informed, and responsible learners. Guiding our area to achieve our goals are the following tenets:
- The dignity of every individual is to be respected.
- Everyone is a leader.
- To lead is to serve.
- Accountability applies to every individual and every situation.
- To be individuals with integrity, our actions must be ethical and our words must be honest.
Mission Statement: The Division of Student Affairs empowers Doane students by providing inclusive community experiences that enable them to achieve their potential and use their talents to work, lead, and serve throughout their lives.
The Division of Student Affairs includes the following areas:
- Residence Life
- Dining Services
- Commuter Services
- Health & Wellness Center
- Counseling Services
- Safety & Emergency Management
- Enrollment Days, Move-In Day & Orientation
- Student Congress (STUCO)
- Judicial Affairs Office
- Student Programming Board (SPB)
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Greek Life
- Hansen Leadership Program
It is important to the student affairs team that students feel a sense of belonging at Doane. Involvement in activities and leadership opportunities is encouraged. The student affairs offices are located on the lower level of Perry Campus Center.