Are you planning a special event, activity, or meeting here at Doane? To ensure the best possible service and success for your upcoming event or meeting, here are a few reminders and guidelines to follow:
To reserve space and resources (audio visual, room setup, doors unlocked, etc.) for meetings or events complete this student event space and resource request form:
Student Run Event Reservation Form
Events must be registered and approved two weeks in advance. The Division of Student Affairs and Event Services are here to help plan your event, and we work closely with IT, Custodial, Registrar, Dining Services, and Public Safety on your behalf to organize these resources:
- Space and resource reservations (tables, chairs, podium, etc).
- Set up and operation of audio visual equipment as well as sound checks.
- Ensure doors are unlocked and parking is reserved.
- Catering needs
The Student Affairs Office must approve ALL potential Flier/poster postings. Approved fliers and posters will receive an approval stamp. This stamp must be on all copies of displayed fliers/posters. It is strongly recommended that you wait for this approval before making copies. For approval requests, please email the poster as a PNG or JPG file format to email@example.com with the email subject “Poster Approval Request”. Full Posting Policy.
Email Spencer Munson or Deb Sherard in the Student Experience Office or call at (402) 826-8110 to learn how they can assist you with marketing your event.
A Student Affairs Risk Assessment Form should be filled out for ALL events that your organization hosts throughout the year including, but not limited to, community service/philanthropy, academic programs, personal/professional development, social events/functions, events with your alumni, fundraisers, etc.
Will you have FOOD or SNACKS at your event? Absolutely ALL food MUST be ordered through Sodexo for ALL campus events. Sodexo has the first right-of-refusal to provide meals and snacks on all Doane campuses. No outside food (pizza, donuts, snacks, drinks, etc.) is allowed without Sodexo’s approval. The folks at Sodexo are easy to work with and coordinate with the entire event planning team to make your event delicious. Check out Sodexo’s Catering Guide or contact Amy or Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to have alcohol at your events? No alcoholic beverages may be served or provided at any event unless approved by the Office of Campus Engagement and the host organization complies with the protocols below.
- At an approved on-campus or off-campus event, licensed third party vendors are required for alcohol service and are the only parties allowed to serve and distribute alcoholic beverages at an event to students.
- Students must be of legal drinking age, with proof of a valid ID, and third party vendors must provide designated wristbands to identify minors and "of age" event participants. ALL attendees must wear a wristband.
- All contracts for vendors must be approved and signed by the Office of Campus Engagement.
- More information regarding Doane’s social policy can be found in the Student Handbook Section 3.03.
Want to host a BIG event or feature speakers and entertainment? Big events often require additional resources such as technology, intricate set ups, and staff - some of which may be outside of what we are able to reasonably provide. For events that require a contract agreement, extensive set up or technology, or multiple spaces and resource reservations, please start your planning process EARLY by scheduling a meeting with Spencer Munson at least 60 to 90 days prior to the event start date. Spencer’s office is in Perry 132 located on the lower level of the Perry Campus Center. His phone number is 402-826-8271.
Other helpful links:
Our professional staff is here to help! Let us know if you have any questions or need additional information. We look forward to helping to make student events, activities, and meetings at Doane smooth, easy, and successful!