* What is the Senior Gift Campaign? * Reasons to Make a Gift * Who are the committee members? * How can I donate? * FAQs
Join the Class of 2023 in shaping the future of Doane University as they mark their transition from students to alumni with this important senior year milestone.
The Senior Gift Campaign raises funds to benefit the Doane Fund, which provides opportunities to students in the areas of Athletics, Fine Arts, Campus Life, People, Financial Aid, and the general needs of the university. The Doane Fund has impacted all Tigers of the past and present, and donating toward it ensures that future Tigers are impacted postiively as well.
As seniors and members of the 2023 class, the senior volunteers that are behind the Senior Gift Campaign are challenging each of their classmates to commit to a gift of $20.23 (either one-time or recurring) to truly honor themselves and prove that they wish to assist future Tigers and their Doane Experience. Each gift can make a real impact on students long after the seniors have graduated, and a gift of any size—from $5 to $20.23, or more—truly makes a difference.
However, only those whose gifts total $20.23 or more will receive an orange philanthropy cord to wear at Commencement this May.
This year, the Senior Gift Campaign has set a minimum goal of 50 percent class participation. Actually, the ultimate goal would be to surpass the Class of 2022, which holds the record for the highest participation rate at 74.27% AND the record for the most dollars raised with $2,573.17.
Every donation matters, even $20.23. The giving percentage of alumni who give back boosts our school's prestige in the academic community. When alumni show confidence by giving back, we have a better shot at receiving outside grants.
Reasons To Make a Gift:
- Senior Toast – ALL Seniors that make a gift (of any size) to the campaign will be welcomed to the end-of-year Senior Toast Celebration during Commencement Week to be held in Cassel Theatre before our mandatory Commencement Rehearsal at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 11, 2023. Gifts can be made day-of at this event if seniors choose to wait and want to attend! Each senior (who's made a gift of any size) will be given one drink ticket to receive either a beer (Bud Light) or seltzer (White Claw). Water and snacks will also be provided. There will be a table set up to get your picture taken and to sign your shield. There will be a giveaways table. We will have music. The Senior Gift Committee, Dr. Roger Hughes ’82, Leadership Team Members, and members of Doane's Alumni Office will celebrate and toast to YOU, the Class of 2023! Don't miss this opportunity!
- Philanthropy Cord – Seniors that donate at least $20.23 will receive an orange philanthropy cord to wear during Commencement with their robe. This can be picked up at the Senior Toast Celebration!
- Honor a professor or staff member – With your online gift, you can honor your favorite professor(s) or staff member(s) at Doane, and add why you're honoring them in the "memory" field. We'll then share your kind words with them, making their day!
Members of the 2023 Senior Gift Committee:
- Ben Theiler
- Payton Schelin
- Angie Esqueda
- Alexis Hamilton
- Kaydi Daudt
- Drew Buck
- Quinn Whitcomb
- Do YOU want to become a part of the committee? Email us!
Ways to make your donation:
- Visit the Class of 2023's special GiveCampus donation page here
- VENMO your gift via this page
- Visit in-person, or by email, text, or phone with any of the committee members listed above.
- You can also make your donation by visiting (or emailing) Michael Stehlik or Nina Theiler in the Alumni Office or Julie Rasorshek in the Advancement Office, both located in Padour Walker, anytime during working hours Monday through Friday.
You don't have to sacrifice much to make your gift and an impact...
Why should I donate when I already pay tuition?
Tuition only covers a portion of the cost it takes to operate Doane University. Several programs around campus including the College to Career Center, Peer Tutoring, and Travel Abroad are 100 percent funded by donations. By making your donation, you are helping support various aspects of campus including funding vital scholarships for our students. Giving back to your alma mater helps ensure Future Tigers have the same experience you did.
Will my small amount actually make a difference?
The percentage of alumni and students who give, regardless of the amount, impacts Doane’s prestige and boosts our overall giving percentage. When students and alumni show confidence by giving back, we have a better chance at receiving outside grants. In addition, last year gifts of $250 or less added up to $178,000 of support for the university!
What is the Doane Fund?
The Doane Fund encompasses gifts that can be made and spent within one fiscal year. Every year, loyal Doane Fund donors provide vital support to enhancing the Doane University experience for our students. Areas of support from the Doane Fund include: Scholarships, Academic Programs, Fine Arts, Travel and Study Abroad, Campus Beauty, Technology and Undergraduate Research and more. To break it down, the Doane Fund approximately supports 50 percent people, 35 percent financial aid, athletics and student life, and 15 percent daily needs. Simply put, the Doane Fund supports every aspect of Doane University.
Do I have to donate to the Doane Fund?
If you do not wish to donate to the Doane Fund, you may specify a program or scholarship where you’d like your money to go.