Student Health Updates
This semester the student health office will be staffed by Nurse Kelly and Karina Brandt RN. We are excited to have you back on campus. The daily operations of the student health office will look different from previous semesters.
What to know about accessing care:
- Nursing hours are M-F 8am-5pm.
- There will be no walk-in appointments available at this time.
- Should you need to talk with a nurse during business hours, you will be able to schedule a phone, telehealth with one of the nurses by calling 402-826-8265 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave a message and a phone number you can be reached at. Make sure that your phone is not silenced and that you answer your phone.
If you become ill after 5pm on a weekday, please self isolate in your residence hall room or your off campus residence and wear a mask. If you are able to return home to quarantine or isolate, that is preferred. Please contact the student health office as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com and a nurse will call you in the morning.
If you become ill on a weekend, nursing staff will be available for phone/telehealth from 8-5pm Saturday and Sunday. To make an appointment call 402-826-8265. After 5pm, self isolate in your residence hall room or your off campus residence and wear a mask. If you are able to return home to quarantine or isolate, that is preferred. Please contact the student health office as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and a nurse will call you in the morning.
Please talk with the campus nursing staff before making arrangements to get tested. Testing too early may result in false negative results.
During the hours that nursing staff is not available, students with immediate questions about COVID-19 safety guidance can call one of the Residential Life Emergency Lines:
- Southside: Hansen, Sheldon, Frees (402) 826-8475
- Northside: Burrage, Colonial, Smith (402) 826-8301.
- In the case of an emergency, students should call 911
Download the campus clear app (#CampusClear) to your smartphone to self monitor symptoms daily. It is important that everyone self monitor for symptoms every day. Screening questions aim to identify symptoms or known exposures to COVID-19. Results from #CampusClear are only viewable by Student Health Services employees and designated contact tracing administrators.