Important COVID-19 Information

For all University updates and resources regarding COVID-19, please visit


Everyone has questions. We just pulled together a few of the frequently asked ones here for you to search. Let us know if you need any additional assistance. We'd be glad to help.

How do I get involved on campus if I don't live there?

We offer 60+ registered clubs and organizations for students regardless of your residential status. As a student, you also have access to the Haddix Athletic & Fitness Center.

Haddix Center hours of operation, during the school year:

Monday through Thursday:

6:00 a.m. to 11 p.m.


6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.


10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.


2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

How do I get involved on campus?

Getting involved at Doane is easy with the many organizations on campus. This includes Greek life; volunteer opportunities; and academic, social, religious and other types of clubs and organizations to allow students to build connections and be involved. For information about the organizations on campus, and whom to contact to get involved visit the Office of Campus Life.

How do I get my grades?

Grades are posted on WebAdviser.  Grade reports are not mailed.

How do I get my VA benefits started?

First you need to complete an application.  An electronic form with complete directions is online at VONAPP.  If you are claiming education benefits as a dependent of a veteran, or if you have previously used VA education benefits, you can also use VONAPP. 

Veterans should provide member copy # 4 of the DD Form 214. Reservists/National Guard soldiers should obtain a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) from your unit administrative official.  These forms also should be turned into your campus VA representative.

You can apply by completing VA Form 28-1900,Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation.  A veteran who is eligible for an evaluation under Chapter 31 must complete the VA Form 28-8832,Application for Vocational Educational Counseling and meet with a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC). If the VRC determines that an employment handicap exists as a result of a service-connected disability, the veteran is found entitled to services. The VRC and the veteran will then continue counseling to select a track of services and jointly develop a plan to address the rehabilitation, employment, and educational needs of the veteran.

How do I know what I have to pay?

Students applying for federal student aid must complete a Doane College Financial Aid application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students should include Doane as one of the colleges they plan to attend. Our title IV code is 002544.

Information reported on the FAFSA is used to determine the amount of money your family should reasonably expect to contribute toward the cost of your education. Most of this information is taken from tax returns. You should plan to complete your federal tax returns as early as possible.

Since eligibility for financial aid is determined on an individual basis, it is impossible to make a blanket statement about eligibility. Each situation is different.

Your contribution is determined not only by family income and assets, but also by such variables as the size of your family, number of family members in college, taxes paid, age of older parent, student savings and earnings, and other factors which may affect a family's financial strength. Any substantial change in a family's situation should be brought to the attention of the Financial Aid Office.

Your financial eligibility or need for aid is determined by subtracting the family contribution from the college's costs, as follows:


How do I log into WebAdvisor?

Along the top of WebAdvisor is a LOG-IN tab to select.  At that point it gives you directions on how to log-in.

How do I prepare for an online proctored exam?

Aside from studying for the test, make sure to review the "What things do I need in order to take an online proctored exam?" section of this page. 

Next, read the instructions in your course. Your course should contain a module called "Online Proctoring Orientation and Setup." 

You'll be guided through the process of setting up a profile for proctoring, and taking a practice exam. The actiivities in the Proctoring Orientation module should have due dates well before the date of your first exam, so you'll have plenty of opportunity to get comfortable with the proctoring process. 

Once you've successfully completed the Proctoring Orientation, we recommend that you use the same computer, physical environment, and internet connection for all of your proctored exams in the course.

This video demonstrates how to set up your profile in Examity--the software we use for proctoring at Doane.

How do I reset my password?

Contact the Service Center, or reset from this page here

How do I see my grades?

In your course, select Grades from the navigation.

Canvas Grades

Play this video for more information on Grades in Canvas

How do I send to groups that I could send to before, but now can't?

Please contact the Service Center ( or (x8411) or at Give them your name and what groups you need to send to, and they will grant you permissions to these groups in Gmail.

How do I submit a copy of my grades to my employer for reimbursement?

Most employers accept the WebAdvisor print out of grades.  Doane, like many other area institutions, don't print paper grade mailers anymore so employers are used to the online grade print out.

How do I submit my additional materials for my application?

At the end of the application you will be able to attach all of your additional materials. These can be in picture (.jpg,.png, etc) format, or in a pdf format.

How do I transfer my classes to Doane University?

International students transferring credits to Doane University must submit their transcript to a credential evaluator to be translated and credited classes to be evaluated. These results will then need to be submitted directly to Doane. Doane will then evaluate and transfer classes that are applicable and align with Doane requirements.

How do I update my address or name?

Alumni - Visit the Update My Contact Info page to update your address. 

Current Students - Visit the Address Change Form to submit changes to your address. 

Both Alumni and Current students - Visit the Name Change Form to submit changes to your name.  Currently enrolled students will need to attach documentation.


How do international students apply for employment and/or internships off campus?

Students interested in a campus job must first acquire a Social Security number. This can be acquired in Lincoln, Nebraska at the Social Security Office.


100 Centennial Mall Room 240

Lincoln, NE 68508



When applying for a job or internship, other forms of identification may be required. The list of acceptable documents may be found on the Form I-9 on the IRS website.

Once students have acquired these documents, they may apply for the jobs or internships through the College Career Center or through the employer directly.


How do students work in teams?

Each school's team of three students collectively will attend nine workshops - each student will attend three unique workshops - that will give information necessary for solving a murder mystery.  Students whose schools bring fewer than three representatives will be placed onto teams with other such students.  School sponsors will be responsible for assigning their three students to the nine workshops.  Workshop assignments may be at the discretion of the hosts for students on multi-school combined teams.

How does the recycled material get separated after recyclables are taken to the warehouse?

By hand.  As equipment becomes more sophisticated this will be done more and more by machine.

How have you packaged financial aid for some Doane families?*

*Examples are based on the 2010-11 need analysis formula.


Kelly is a junior and attends Doane full time. She was in the top five percent of her high school class and had an ACT score of 28. Kelly has maintained a 3.74 grade point average (GPA) and continues to receive an academic scholarship. Kelly earned $856 last year and has $300 in savings. Kelly's parents both work and have a combined income of $72,665, with $5,000 in savings. Kelly's sister is in high school. The results from the FAFSA show an expected contribution of $12,000.

Estimated direct cost for year (based on 2010-11) = $28,630

Family Contribution = $12,000

Financial need/eligibility = $16,630

Kelly's Financial Aid Package 

Faculty Merit = $500 

Doane Grant = $3,000

Van Hoy Academic Scholarship = $7,000

Federal Stafford Loan = $7,500 

Total Financial Aid = $18,500


Andy is a sophomore at Doane College. His ACT score was 23. Andy has maintained a 3.0 cumulative grade point average and is an active basketball player. Andy's family doesn't file the FAFSA form.

Andy's Financial Aid Package 

Extracurricular Scholarship-basketball = $2,500

Doane Community Grant = $5,000

Total Financial Aid = $7,500


Jane is a first-year student. Her ACT score is 26. Jane worked part-time and earned $1,982. She has $500 in savings. She received a scholarship from her community for $1,500. Jane also enjoys music and auditioned for band and vocal scholarships. Jane is a resident of Nebraska. Jane's parents are both employed outside the home. The family's total income is $36,950. They own a home and have $22,000 in savings. Jane's brother is in college, and her sister is still in high school. The results from the filing the FAFSA show an expected contribution of $2,175

Estimated direct cost for year (based on 2010-11) = $28,630

Family Contribution = $2,175

Financial need/eligibility for aid = $22,385

Jane's Financial Aid Package 

Board of Trustee Academic Scholarship = $8,500 

Music Scholarship - Band = $2,000 

Music Scholarship - Vocal = $2,000 

Federal Pell Grant = $3,400

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) = $200 

Nebraska State Grant = $1,300 

Federal Work Study (FWS) = $1,650 

Federal Stafford Loan = $5,500

Total Financial Aid = $24,550

How long does is take to receive my VA money?

The first time you complete theApplication for VA Education Benefits it will take about 8-10 weeks for processing to be completed by the St. Louis Regional Processing Office.  At extremely busy times, such as the beginning of the fall term, processing may exceed 10 weeks.  You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility award letter from VA when processing has been completed.  Please read and keep this document since it contains important information about your benefit (eligibility percentage) as well as instructions on how to self-verify your enrollment (if required).  A copy of this letter also needs to be given to your campus VA representative.

How long does my off-campus approval last once I have been granted approval?

Your approval lasts one year assuming that you do not violate any terms associated with living off-campus (i.e. Moving to a different location than specified on your commuter application). If you decide to apply for residential housing after being granted off-campus approval you forfeit your off-campus approval for the year and will need to re-apply at a later date.