Obtain I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status)
Once admitted and after submitting proof of financial responsibility, students will receive an I-20, which is for applying for a visa interview. This document is proof of the student's eligible student status and will be provided by Doane University.
It is the student's responsibility to maintain a current passport. For entry to the U.S., your passport must be valid for at least six months before your date of entry. If you have questions or concerns regarding your F-1 status, visit the Office of International Programs Office.
F-1 Student Visa
- Pay SEVIS I-901 Fee
- Make an appointment with the U.S. Consulate for a VISA interview
Visit www.ustraveldocs.com or educationusa.state.gov for information about the application process and required documentation. You can apply up to 120 days before the report date on your I-20. At your application appointment, you will need:
- I-20 and letter of admission
- Receipt of payment on the SEVIS I-90 fee
- Receipt of payment of Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee
- Visa reciprocity fee, if required
- Completed Visa Application
- Proof of financial responsibility
- Proof of English proficiency
- Passport-sized photos
- School reports, mark sheets, transcripts, test scores, etc