Important COVID-19 Information

For all University updates and resources regarding COVID-19, please visit


Everyone has questions. We just pulled together a few of the frequently asked ones here for you to search. Let us know if you need any additional assistance. We'd be glad to help.

I will be studying abroad next semester. What do I need to do?

Visit the Registrar's office.  They will enroll you in an Off Campus course.

I'll be a junior after I complete this semester. Can I register for next semester prior to the date associated with my class level?

No, WebAdvisor scheduling will be done BY CLASS LEVEL  according to the number of credits students have earned up to this point in time. 
You are currently a sophomore.

I'm already living off-campus. Do I need to complete another application?

Yes please! By completing the application you are stating your intent to remain off-campus as well as updating your address with the institution. If you were approved under the commuter exemption we will also need updated documentation of your living status.

I'm considering an internship, how do I do that?

Start by contacting College to Career Center.  Remember that CED 205, Intro. to Field Experience, is a prerequisite for an internship experience.  

I'm graduating in May. Is there anything I should be doing now? Am I taking all the classes required to graduate?

Once you're registered for Spring, the Registrar's Office will review your program evaluation to make sure everything is on track.  You will receive an email with directions to complete the graduation application or if there are concerns that need to be addressed.

I'm not planning to return to Doane next semester. Who needs to be informed?

Start with Student Leadership or the Academic Affairs Office.  Either office will assist you in starting this process.

I'm not sure where I will be living at this point, should I still complete the application?

Yes! We can always update your application with your address later in the process once you have secured off-campus housing. We cannot, however, allow you to apply for off-campus housing after the application closes.

I'm supposed to get a VA kicker. but I haven't yet?

Kickers, or sign up incentives, are paid directly to the veteran/student.  Please contact your Education Services Officer for details.

I-20, Passport and F-1 Student Visa

Obtain I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status)

Once admitted and after submitting proof of financial responsibility, students will receive an I-20, which is for applying for a visa interview. This document is proof of the student's eligible student status and will be provided by Doane University.


It is the student's responsibility to maintain a current passport. For entry to the U.S., your passport must be valid for at least six months before your date of entry. If you have questions or concerns regarding your F-1 status, visit the Office of International Programs Office.

F-1 Student Visa

  1. Pay SEVIS I-901 Fee

  2. Make an appointment with the U.S. Consulate for a VISA interview

    Visit or for information about the application process and required documentation. You can apply up to 120 days before the report date on your I-20. At your application appointment, you will need: 

  • I-20 and letter of admission

  • Receipt of payment on the SEVIS I-90 fee

  • Receipt of payment of Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee

  • Visa reciprocity fee, if required

  • Completed Visa Application

  • Proof of financial responsibility

  • Proof of English proficiency

  • Passport-sized photos

  • School reports, mark sheets, transcripts, test scores, etc

If I am degree-seeking or working on an added endorsement who is my adviser and how can I contact my adviser?
  • Deb Stuto, serves as an adviser for the curriculum and instruction students. You can e-mail her at or call 402.466.4774.

If I'm representing someone else during room selection, and their lottery number is higher than mine, can I select my room when I select theirs?

Unfortunately, no.  You will need to wait your turn and select your own room when your lottery number comes up.  Any other way would be unfair to the people ahead of you.

  • More than just Technology

  • Constant Course Evolution

  • Strategic Foresight

Is alcohol permitted in the Residence Halls?

Residents that are 21 or older can apply to have an alcohol tolerant room if everyone in that room is of age. Upon approval from Residential Life and Education, alcohol tolerant rooms may have beer and wine. Hard liquor is never permitted on campus.

Is my emotional support animal permitted in the Residence Hall?

If you are a student in University Housing with a disability and wish to pursue permission to bring an emotional support animal to campus, please begin this process by contacting Anita Harkins in the Office of Disability Services. Our Emotional Support Animal page has more information.

Is my gift tax-deductible?

Yes, your gift is tax-deductible. 

Is my VA money sent to me or Doane?

It depends on the program.  VA checks are sent directly to the student at the current mailing address on record or by direct deposit for chapters 30, 32, 35, 1606, 1607.   Direct deposit is available for all programs except Chapter 35.  You can call toll free 1-877-838-2778 to sign up or change your direct deposit.  The Post-9/11 Bill, Chapter 33, benefits will be sent directly to Doane.   Education benefits are paid in arrears. Please remember that it is your responsibility to satisfy your financial obligation to Doane College.

Is there a place for me to store my items on campus?

There will be limited space in the Student Leadership Office to house items such as books and lunch bags. Student Leadership will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.

Is there a place for me to store my items on campus?

There will be limited space in the Student Experience Office to house items such as books and lunch bags. This space is available upon request. Student Experience will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.