We pledge to work in partnership with Doane faculty, students, Leadership Team, and the Board of Trustees to enrich the culture of Doane staff by supporting an inclusive, inviting, and equitable community. Staff Council will serve as a communication conduit between staff and administration. Staff Council commits to provide a voice for staff to formulate and endorse recommendations for action to improve the work environment, opportunities, policies, and procedures for the betterment of the Doane community.
- We created our By-Laws through research and collaboration with our council and the Doane Community.
- We've been a part of the Shared Governance Steering Committee as we've implanted ourselves as a part of the decision matrix. We provided feedback on the 23-24 Academic Calendars and the refreshed Strategic Plan.
- We met with the Leadership Team and attended a reception with the Board of Trustees.
- We held 3 staff assemblies to share information to all staff.
- Individually we have connected with our staff groups, we have surveyed them about our roles in Staff Council and how we can help our staff.