Important COVID-19 Information

For all University updates and resources regarding COVID-19, please visit
New Tigers

New Tigers

Congratulations, you’ve made the wonderful decision to become a Doane Tiger!

Housing Assignments for the 2022-2023 school year will be released in July of 2022.

Please check your Doane email for more information.
* If you have not received a housing assignment email by the end of July 2022, please contact our office and we will assist you.
Phone: 402-826-8111

Orientation Dates

August 18th-21st, 2022
*Some groups may be approved for early move-in, including athletes, and leadership groups. Your sponsor will be in contact with you about your early move-in dates.

Erez-Life Help

Remember to check your spam for your email from Erez-Life! Here are step-by-step instructions to create a filter in your gmail account to ensure you receive Erez-Life email updates.

  1. In Gmail, go to the gear in the right hand corner and click on it
  2. From there, go to "Settings" in the drop down menu
  3. In Settings, you will pick the "Filters and Blocked Addresses" option
  4. At the bottom of Filters and Blocked Addresses clock "Create a New Filter"
  5. It will open a field where you can put in the "From" box
  6. Check the box "Never send it to Spam" and then click Create Filter to save. 

Below you will find two guidelines that will help you submit your housing application as well as signing up for the Roomeez roommate pairing service. Please let our office know if you have any questions regarding either of these processes.

Erezlife housing application graphic

Erez Life Roomeez Application Link Graphic

New Tigers FAQ

Do I have to live on campus?

Doane's Crete campus is residential, meaning students are required to live on campus all four years unless they meet particular exception criteria that permit them to move off-campus. Only the Office of Residential Life and Education can grant off-campus approval.

Can I visit campus this summer and take a look at my specific room?

Unfortunately no. During the summer Residence Halls are used for camps, conferences, and summer housing.

What is a Room Condition Report, and why do I need one for my room?

For your protection, as well as the University's, Residential Life team members complete the RCR (Room Condition Report) to check the condition of your room before and after moving in/out. You must check each item listed on the RCR on eRezLife, as you are responsible for the condition of everything in your room. Review the RCR after moving in and note any discrepancies that you see. Please record all existing conditions and date them when you move-in to avoid charges at the end of the year. Changes in the checkout condition of the RCR result in charges to your student account.

If there are items in need of repair when you move in, or at any time during the year, please complete a work order through eRezLife.

Does the University provide insurance for my property?

No. We urge each student to purchase some form of insurance, whether it be renter's insurance or a rider on their parent's homeowner's insurance. The University is not liable for theft, damage, or loss of personal property from any part of the residence hall.

Are different Residence Halls, different prices?

No. All Residence Halls have the same base price per building. However, pricing varies based on whether residents live in a single room (one person room), double room (two-person room), or private room (double room reserved for one person).

Can I have a private room?

Private rooms are double rooms that are purchased at a higher price for one person to reside in. Private rooms are rare and are only permitted if space permits. First-year and new students are typically unable to have private rooms.

What if I don't get along with my roommate(s)?

While we strive to make the best matches possible, sometimes conflicts will arise. Residential Life views conflict as a healthy part of development. If roommate conflicts arise, the Residential Life team will assist with a mediation process to assist parties involved with finding a solution that works for them.

Can I stay on campus during a break?

The campus closes for Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Breaks. Requests for exceptions are reviewed for Thanksgiving and Spring Break. There are no exceptions for Winter Break. The campus is open for Fall Break, but we do ask you to complete a registration form so we are aware of who will be sticking around.

When students leave for breaks, do they need to move out their belongings out, or turn in their keys?

Students can keep their belongings within their space for the duration of the school year. Students living in Burrage Hall will turn in their interior and exterior key over winter break only.

What is the cost of laundry?

Laundry is free for all on-campus students. Please make sure you bring your own laundry supplies. As per our laundry machine provider, we ask you, DO NOT use any form of pod detergent. These cause machines to get clogged and not work properly.

Are pets allowed in the Residence Halls?

Just fish. Students are permitted to have one 10 gallon aquarium per room.

Is my emotional support animal permitted in the Residence Hall?

If you are a student in University Housing with a disability and wish to pursue permission to bring an emotional support animal to campus, please begin this process by contacting Anita Harkins in the Office of Disability Services. Our Emotional Support Animal page has more information.

Is alcohol permitted in the Residence Halls?

Residents that are 21 or older can apply to have an alcohol tolerant room if everyone in that room is of age. Upon approval from Residential Life and Education, alcohol tolerant rooms may have beer and wine. Hard liquor is never permitted on campus.

I lost my room key. What do I do?

Please fill out the Lost Key Form on eRezLife as soon as possible. A key reorder will need to take place for the safety of yourself and your items. Recore charges will be charged to your student account.

I lost my student ID. What do I do?

A new Student ID can be printed off at the Doane Safety Office. Their office is located in Padour Walker. Fees for reprints may apply.

What is my mailing address?

Each student has their own mailbox located outside of the Service Bureau within Perry Campus Center.

How to Address Student Mail

Student's Name
Doane University
1014 Boswell Ave.
Ste: (This will be your individual mailbox number)
Crete, NE 68333